What is Sprain? Home Remedies to cure SprainsLogin to Health November 29, 2020 Bone Health 44 Views
What is a sprain?
An injury that stretches or tears off a ligament is called a sprain. A person suffers extreme pain when a sprain occurs. Any damage to bones might cause sprain since the tissues are interconnected to each other. Generally, sprain is not a big issue, but delay in treatment causes a number of problems. Deficiency of calcium and potassium may cause a sprain. Lack of exercise or injury are other possible reasons. When a sprain occurs, muscle pain and cramp are common symptoms. Rest is essential to recover from pain. A person must not work until the pain reduces. Sprains occur in people of all age groups. Let’s learn about some simple home remedies to get rid of sprains.
What are the home remedies to cure sprains?
Sprains can be treated at home by numerous remedies:
- Use of rock salt: Rock salt reduces muscle pain and spasm. Rich in magnesium, rock salt relieves inflammation. Mix two cups of rock salt with lukewarm water and take a bath to get relief. Cover the affected area with a bandage. Repeat the process multiple times to get benefit.
- Use of castor oil: Castor oil reduces inflammation, sprains and pain in bones. Apply castor oil on the affected area with a clean cloth. Use a hot water bottle and massage gently. Repeat the process on a daily basis. (Read about- Benefits of castor oil).
- Benefits of apple vinegar: Apple vinegar reduces inflammation and pain due to its antibacterial properties. It eliminates the risk of numerous diseases. Put two spoons of apple vinegar in a bucket and use the same in the affected area to reduce swelling. Carry out the same procedure once a day.
- Use of olive oil: Anti-inflammatory properties of olive oil fix sprains. Olive oil treats multiple diseases. Massaging the affected area lightly provides instant relief. Repeat the process at least four to five times a day.
- Benefit of clove oil: Clove oil treats teeth related ailments. It also proves to be advantageous in the case of sprains. A spoon or two of clove oil on the affected area is beneficial in reducing pain. Muscle pain diminishes with a massage, at least three to four times a day.
- Use of onions: Onion reduces pain in ankle injuries. Cut the onion into small pieces and apply the chopped onion to the affected area using a cloth. Tie the onion pieces to the area for at least two hours. Repeat the process once a day.
- Use of Aloe Vera gel: Massaging the affected area with Aloe Vera gel reduces pain and discomfort. Aloe vera gel has ayurvedic importance and is effective to obtain relief from sprains. (Read more- The benefits of Aloe Vera)
If you suffer from elbow pain, contact a good Orthopedician.
Our aim is to provide information about ailments. We do not recommend any kind of medicine, treatment or surgery. Contact a doctor for advice.