What are the Benefits of Black Cardamom December 14, 2020 Lifestyle Diseases 342 Views
Benefits of Black Cardamom
Black cardamom is a spice used extensively in food preparations. Both the types of cardamom, small and big, have medicinal importance that most of us aren’t aware about. Black cardamom is very beneficial in several Ayurvedic remedies. Oil extracted from the black cardamom seeds is useful to reduce health problems. Black cardamom is beneficial for the hair and skin. It maintains the blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart diseases. Let us know more about black cardamom in detail.
- What is Black Cardamom?
- What is the nutritional importance of Black Cardamom?
- What are the benefits of Black Cardamom?
- What are the side-effects of Black Cardamom?
What is Black Cardamom?
Black cardamom is an excellent spice that is unique from all the others. Popularly called big cardamom, it is known to enhance the taste of numerous food preparations since ancient times. Black cardamom is exceptionally important in terms of its medicinal values.
What is the nutritional importance of Black Cardamom?
Multiple nutrients are found in Black Cardamom, which help in treating health issues. It is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine and minerals. Black cardamom also contains copper, magnesium, sodium, potassium, calcium and zinc.
What are the benefits of Black Cardamom?
Black cardamom has the following advantages:
- Nourishes the hair: Black cardamom is beneficial for hair. Using cardamom oil regularly, fixes hair related problems like dandruff. Cardamom oil is rich in antifungal and antibacterial properties. Black Cardamom can also be applied with cinnamon, cloves and orange. It provides nutrients to the hair. (Read about- Hair fall problem)
- Prevents cancer: Black cardamom contains antioxidants that help in eradicating the harmful free radicals from the body. This reduces the threat of cancer. Black cardamom is good for health and must be included in the diet in limited quantities. (Read more- What is breast cancer)
- Treats Depression: Black cardamom is considered useful to treat the problem of depression. The antioxidants and nutrients present in cardamom reduce stress. Consuming honey with black cardamom is good for health and reduces depression. (Read more- Benefits of cayenne pepper in relieving stress)
- Strengthens the teeth: Black cardamom is rich in calcium which strengthens the teeth and prevents gum infections. Regular consumption of black cardamom is beneficial for the teeth. (Read about- Home remedies to remove teeth bugs)
- Prevents osteoporosis: Presence of calcium in black cardamom prevents bones from weakening. Regular use of cardamom in the meals prevents and treats osteoporosis.
What are the side-effects of Black Cardamom?
Black cardamom has numerous advantages but it can be disadvantageous in some cases. Some of the side-effects of black cardamom are listed below:
- Pregnant women must consume cardamom in very less quantities. Women who are pregnant for the first time must consult a doctor regarding the consumption of black cardamom. (Read more- Tiredness in pregnant women)
- People who have gastric issues must not consume black cardamom.
- Consumption of cardamom may result in blisters in the mouth. People who take regular medicines must contact a doctor about consuming black cardamom.
If the consumption of Black cardamom causes any health-related issue, contact a General Physician immediately.
Our aim is to provide information about ailments. We do not recommend any kind of medicine, treatment or surgery. Contact a doctor for advice.