What are Benefits of Cayenne Pepper (Red Chili)Login to Health December 1, 2020 Lifestyle Diseases 93 Views
Benefits of Pepper (Red Chili)
Commonly known as red pepper, Cayenne pepper is a member of the capsicum family. It is grown in hot places and takes at least 90 to 100 days to grow. In the early stage it is green in color and turns red later on. Red chili is used as a spice to enhance the taste of food. It is also used in pickles. Red chili is used as a flavoring agent in numerous energy drinks. Cayenne pepper has many nutritional properties, which are beneficial for health. In this article you will get detailed information about the nutrients value and benefits of cayenne pepper (Red Chili).
- What are the nutrients of cayenne pepper?
- What are the benefits of cayenne pepper?
- What are the side effects of cayenne pepper?
What are the nutrients of cayenne pepper?
Cayenne pepper is rich in fiber and also contains Vitamin E, Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin B, and carotenoids, which are advantageous for health.
What are the benefits of cayenne pepper?
- Prevents cancer: cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which prevents the growth of breast cancer cells. Thus, women should include a little amount of red chili in their diet.
- Reduces joint pain: Red chili increases the taste of food. It reduces the pain of arthritis. Apply the red chili paste on the joints to cure the inflammation problem. You can also use capsules which are easily available in the market. (Read more- Home remedies for arthritis)
- Useful in sinus problem: Medicines made from red chili treats stomach pain, sore throat, headache, etc. If the mucus has accumulated in the throat due to cold, then red chili is a good treatment for it. It helps in the sinus problem. Red chili contains a good number of antioxidants, which helps the body in fighting against infections. It also strengthens the immune system.
- Improves blood level: It improves the circulation of blood in the body. We should include red chili in our diet on a regular basis.
- Keeps the heart healthy: Cayenne pepper is very useful for the heart. It reduces cholesterol and keeps the heart healthy. (Read more- Home remedies to reduce cholesterol)
- Reduces weight: Red chili strengthens the digestive system and helps to cleanse the body. Those who are trying to lose weight should include chili in their diet.
What are the side effects of cayenne pepper?
Excessive use of red pepper can cause some disadvantages.
- Excessive use of red chili causes throat pain, blisters and gastric problems.
- Sweating, runny nose, stomach irritation, abdominal pain can be a result of uncontrolled consumption of red chili.
- People who have gastric problems, should consume a very little amount of red chili.
- Lactating women should avoid red pepper. (Read more- What is horse gram)
If the consumption of cayenne pepper causes any health-related issue, contact a General physician immediately.
Our aim is to provide information about ailments. We do not recommend any kind of medicine, treatment or surgery. Contact a doctor for advice.