What are the Benefits of Cinnamon OilLogin to Health February 18, 2021 Lifestyle Diseases 27 Views
Benefits of Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon is a spice that is used to enhance the taste of food. Cinnamon is not only an herb, but it also has medicinal properties that help in curing many health problems. Apart from this, cinnamon oil is also considered beneficial for our health. Such as it reduces stress, helps to control diabetes, relieves heart problems, and fungal problems. In today’s article, we are going to tell you about the health benefits, side-effects, and uses of cinnamon oil.
- Nutritional Value of Cinnamon Oil
- Uses of Cinnamon Oil
- Benefits of Cinnamon Oil
- Side-effects of Cinnamon Oil
Nutritional Value of Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon oil contains many nutrients that help to overcome many types of health problems. It contains compounds like cinnamic acid, alpha terpineol cinnamyl acetate, alpha-Cubebene, alpha-thujene, alpha-terpineol, beta-caryophyllene, terpinolene, etc.
Uses of Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon oil can be used in the following ways.
- To get rid of bad breath, mix a few drops of cinnamon oil in a glass of hot water, and use it to rinse your mouth.
- Cinnamon oil can be used to reduce pain in feet or joints.
- Cinnamon oil is used in many perfume products.
- Cinnamon oil is used in making many Ayurvedic soaps or creams.(Read more – Health Benefits of Cinnamon)
Benefits of Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon oil has many health benefits. But in severe conditions, before using this oil, consult your doctor. Also, cinnamon oil is beneficial in preventing some problems. Let us elaborate further.
- Beneficial for the skin – Cinnamon is used in many skin problems. Cinnamon oil is extensively used in herb-rich creams and soaps that help reduce the problem of acne or pimples. Also, it is effective in reducing dark spots. It has some properties that cure acne. If you suffer from an acne problem, then you can use cinnamon oil. (Read more – Home Remedies for Acne)
- Helpful in ulcers – According to some researchers, cinnamon oil is effective in eliminating the bacteria causing stomach ulcers. If you want to use cinnamon oil, consult a physician once. If there is a more serious problem, instead of using the oil, get proper treatment from a doctor. (Read more – Problem of stomach ulcers)
- Controlling diabetes – Cinnamon oil proves beneficial for people with diabetes. According to some studies, cinnamon oil has a good amount of anti-diabetic properties that helps in controlling diabetes. Also, it is effective in type 2 diabetes. Do not use this oil if your diabetes is already under control. (Read more – What is the treatment of diabetes?)
- Beneficial in heart problems – Cinnamon oil is beneficial in reducing the early symptoms of heart problems. Cinnamon oil extracts have certain properties that help in reducing cholesterol levels. If the amount of bad cholesterol is reduced, then it is very beneficial for the body. Therefore, cinnamon oil is beneficial for the heart. According to some research, using cinnamon oil can reduce heart problems. (Read more – Tips to keep the heart healthy)
- Effective in sexual desire – Cinnamon oil can be beneficial in increasing a person’s sexual desire. It is because cinnamon oil has properties that increase sperm count. Apart from this, they help in improving sperm quality significantly. According to some studies, people with low sperm count can use cinnamon oil. However, research is still going on in its efficacy in improving sexual health. (Read more – Lack of libido in men)
Side-effects of Cinnamon Oil
Cinnamon oil has many benefits but can also be harmful in some cases.
- Do not use cinnamon oil if you have taken any fever medicine such as paracetamol as it can be harmful to health.
- Excessive use of cinnamon oil can cause depression.
- If your skin is sensitive, then do not use cinnamon oil as it can cause irritation and itching problems. (Read more – Skincare for sensitive skin)
- If you consume excessive alcohol, then do not use cinnamon oil.
We hope your question about the benefits of cinnamon oil is answered through this article.
If you experience any health problems after using cinnamon oil, then contact a General Physician.