What are the Benefits and Side Effects of Durian ?Login to Health November 29, 2020 Lifestyle Diseases 25 Views
Benefits of Durian
Durian is an oval shaped tropical natural fruit with a creamy pulp that is called “Lord of Fruits” by many. People say it has a sweet taste similar to that of a custard. Its flavor is cherished by certain individuals, particularly in Southeast Asia. The durian is unique because of its enormous size, prominent scent, and thorny skin. It tastes great and has a huge amount of medical advantages. Rich in nutrients, durian fruit helps improve the immunity. Let’s look into the nutritional and health benefits of of the durian.
- What is the nutritional importance of durian?
- What are the benefits of durian?
- What are the side-effects of durian?
What is the nutritional importance of durian?
Durian’s has a great nourishing profile and characteristic taste. Durian is an exceptional source of vitamin C and B-vitamins, including nutrient B6, thiamin, riboflavin, folate, and niacin. The minerals in durian incorporate iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese, and modest quantities of phosphorus, zinc, and calcium. Durian shows promising impacts on health due to its nutritional importance.
What are the benefits of durian?
- Prevents cancer: Durian is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamins. The nutrient rich durian prevents the development of cancerous cells in the body.
- Strengthens bones: Calcium deficiency in the body lead to weak bones. In this case, durian is effective to nourish the bones.
- Enhances skin quality: Durian contains antioxidants and water. It is helpful to improve the skin by reducing dryness. It also helps to eradicate free radicals from the body.
- Treats insomnia: Durian contains an amino acid called tryptophan that plays an essential function in sleep related functions and controlling epileptic occasions. For an individual who is experiencing insomnia, durian is effective as a decent dozing pill. (Read more- How to treat insomnia)
- Fortifies the heart: Fiber content of durian maintains the cholesterol levels and therefore keeps the heart fit. Enhances metabolism: Durian improves digestion due to the presence of fiber that prevents constipation.
- Strengthens the immune system: Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, durian fruits are helpful in improving the immunity. This helps the body to fight infections.
What are the side-effects of durian?
- Pregnant women must consult a doctor about consuming durian.
- Excessive consumption of durian might result in stomach ache.
- Diabetic people must consume durian in limited quantities as it is rich in carbohydrates and sugars.
- Uncontrolled consumption of durian may increase the cholesterol levels in the body.
If you face any problem due to durian, limit its consumption and refer a nearest General physician.