Know the benefits of Multani Mitti November 30, 2020 Lifestyle Diseases 486 Views
Benefits and side-effects of Multani Mitti
Fuller’s earth, also known as Multani Mitti is a clayey soil that is used to beautify and improve the skin quality and texture. It looks different from the normal soil. It is a natural way of making the skin healthy. Many facial and hair care products contain Multani mitti. Found mostly in Pakistan, Multani mitti is rich in various minerals and antioxidants that cure skin related issues. Let us know about the health benefits of multani mitti.
- What are the nutrients found in Fuller’s earth?
- What are the benefits of Multani Mitti (Fuller’s earth)?
- What are the side-effects of Fuller’s earth?
What are the nutrients found in Fuller’s earth?
Multani mitti contains calcium, iron, magnesium, silica, dolomite and calcite. It has antiseptic properties.
What are the benefits of Multani Mitti (Fuller’s earth)?
Fuller’s earth has numerous benefits, some of which are listed below:
- Treats dandruff: The problem of dandruff and dry scalp is increasing due to the pollution. Fuller’s earth has been used to treat dandruff since ages. It removes the dandruff and promotes blood circulation in the head. Take four teaspoons of Fuller’s earth powder, two spoons of lemon juice, two spoons of honey and a cup of yoghurt in a bowl to create a mixture. Apply the same on the scalp and clean it after 20 minutes. Repeat the process twice a week for better results.
- Cures Acne: Fuller’s earth absorbs the skin oil and treats acne. Apply a paste of neem leaves, Fuller’s earth, camphor and rose water on the face to get rid of pimples.
- Removes dead skin cells: Fuller’s earth is effective to remove dirt and improve the skin quality. Prepare a paste of Fuller’s earth, glycerin and honey. Apply the same on the face and wash off with lukewarm water. (Read about- The benefits of Eucalyptus oil for the skin)
- Prevents split ends in the hair: Fuller’s earth fixes the problem of split ends and makes the hair thick and shiny. Apply Fuller’s earth on the hair and wash using a shampoo to get the best results. (Read about- What is hair fall)
- Relives fatigue: Injury in the hands or feet causes pain that can be treated using Fuller’s earth. Applying it on the affected area improves blood circulation.
What are the side-effects of Fuller’s earth?
Fuller’s earth does not have noteworthy side-effects as it is natural and herbal. Before using Fuller’s earth, knowing its application methods is important.
- Using Fuller’s earth on the face is not recommended if your skin is mixed type. Fuller’s earth can make such skin type dry. So, Fuller’s earth must be used with milk and almonds.
- Applying Fuller’s earth might lead to cold and cough. Do not use it if you have cold.
- Apply Fuller’s earth on the skin.
- Instead of using numerous cosmetics on the skin, girls and women must try Fuller’s earth to beautify the skin. (Read more- Benefits of Kiwi for the skin)
If you face any problem because of using multani mitti, contact a Dermatologist.
Our aim is to provide information about ailments. We do not recommend any kind of medicine, treatment or surgery. Contact a doctor for an advice.