What are the Benefits of PawanmuktasanaLogin to Health January 21, 2021 Lifestyle Diseases 18 Views
Benefits of Pawanmuktasana
You must have heard about many yoga asanas; one of them is Pawanmuktasana that relieves digestive problems. It is an easy asana that helps in removing the harmful gas from the body. Pawanmuktasan is known as wind releasing pose and gas releasing pose in English. This asana proves beneficial for people who have trouble with digestion. Apart from this, Pawanmuktasana has other health benefits, such as curing problems related to the intestines, relieving back pain, reducing fat, and providing mental benefits. Many people may not know much about Pawanmuktasana as it can be beneficial for our health. Let us explain in detail the benefits and methods of Pawanmuktasana in today’s article.
- What is Pawanmuktasana?
- How to do Pawanmuktasana?
- Benefits of Pawanmuktasana
- Who should not do Pawanmuktasana?
What is Pawanmuktasana?
Pawanmuktasana is derived from the Sanskrit words ‘Pawan’ meaning wind, ‘mukt’ meaning relief or free, and ‘asana’ meaning yoga posture. Pawanmuktasana is called gas release posture in English. This asana is beneficial in strengthening the digestive system. Also, it helps in treating some of the following health problems. Let us show you the method to do this asana.
How to do Pawanmuktasana?
Some practice is required to perform Pawanmuktasana. Let us show the simple way of doing Pawanmuktasana.
- Place a yoga mat in a quiet place to do Pawanmuktasana.
- Now lie down on your yoga mat in an upright position.
- Inhale and raise your legs to 90 degrees.
- Exhale, bend your legs and try to bring your knees to your chest.
- Hold your knees with your fingers.
- Raise your head and touch your forehead with your knees.
- Take normal breaths while holding this posture.
- First, bring your head down and then your feet.
- Now return to normal position and repeat it 2 to 3 times.(Read more – Benefits of morning exercise)
Benefits of Pawanmuktasana
Pawanmuktasana has the following advantages. Let us elaborate further.
- Relieves constipation – Pawanmuktasana strengthens the digestive system and improves digestion. Because of good digestion, the problem of constipation reduces.
- Provides mental benefits – Doing yoga reduces mental and physical stress. Doing Pawanmuktasana sharpens your brain and reduces mental problems. This asana provides peace to the mind as well as increases brain concentration.(Read more – Home Remedies to Improve Memory)
- Relieves back pain – Pawanmuktasana is a good yoga pose for people who have problems like back pain. By doing this asana, one gets relief from lower back pain and joint pain. It is because this asana puts pressure on the chest and knees. Apart from this, the bones of the spine get massaged.
- Eliminates stomach gas – Pawanmuktasana is also called gas releasing pose as it releases gas from the body. It improves digestive health by strengthening the digestive system. This asana is beneficial for those people who have chronic gas problems. If you want to overcome the problem of gas, then try to do Pawanmuktasana daily. (Read more – Acid reflux problem)
- Increases digestive power – Digestion has an essential role in the process of metabolism in our body. The digestive system converts food into energy. Being healthy also means having good digestive health. If there is any disturbance in the digestive health, then the body may fall ill. To prevent the body from getting sick, make your digestive power strong. Include Pawanmuktasana in your daily routine to increase digestive power.
- Helps in weight loss – As you know, physical exercise and yoga help in regulating body weight. Similarly, Pawanmuktasana removes harmful gas from the body, strengthens digestion, and also helps in reducing body weight. Those who are thinking to lose weight should do Pawanmuktasan. (Read more – Benefits of lemon for weight loss)
Who should not do Pawanmuktasana?
Pawanmuktasana should not be done in some of the following conditions.
- People with high blood pressure should not do Pawanmuktasana.
- Women should not perform Pawanmuktasana during menstruation.
- Pawanmuktasana should not be done in the third trimester of pregnancy and consult a doctor and a yoga instructor before doing any yoga pose.(Read more – Shirshasana during pregnancy)
- If a person has any problem in the back or neck, then Pawanmuktasana should not be done.
- Pawanmuktasana should be avoided in case of a slipped disc.
- Pawanmuktasana should not be done in case of problems like hemorrhoids, hernia, or abdominal swelling.
- Pawanmuktasana should not be done if there is any problem related to the heart.
We hope that we could answer your questions regarding the benefits of Pawanmuktasana through this article.
If you experience any problem while doing Pawanmuktasan, then you can talk to the General Physician.
We only aim to give you information through the article. We do not recommend medication or treatment in any way. Only a doctor can give you good advice because no one else is better than them.