What are the Health Benefits of Shikakai ? December 11, 2020 Lifestyle Diseases 373 Views
Health Benefits of Shikakai
We all must have heard the name of Shikakai in numerous shampoo advertisements. Shikoku is extremely beneficial for the hair and different from all the other herbs. It cures minor problems with the hair. Cultivated mostly in Madhya Pradesh, Shikakai contains antioxidants that nourish the hair, keeping it healthy. There is no better herb than Shikakai for hair care. It is easily available in the market in powder form. Let us know more about the benefits of Shikakai.
- What is the nutritional importance of Shikakai?
- What are the benefits of Shikakai?
- What are the side-effects of Shikakai?
What is the nutritional importance of Shikakai?
Shikakai is highly nutritious. It is rich in vitamins and minerals. It is a good source of vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K and antioxidants. It also contains glucose, arabinose, rhamnose, oxalic acid, citric acid, ascorbic acid and tartaric acid.
What are the benefits of Shikakai?
Shikakai has the following health benefits:
- Treats leprosy: Leprosy is a skin disease. Shikakai is beneficial for its treatment. It is rich in antioxidants. Applying a paste of Shikakai on the affected area can cure leprosy. Contact a dermatologist if the problem turns serious.
- Removes kit: The antioxidants present in Shikakai are useful to eradicate kit related problems.
- Removes stress: A number of problems and issues lead to stress. Shikakai is an herb that naturally relieves stress It has cooling properties and applying it on the head treats headache. Massaging it on the scalp is beneficial for relieving stress and tension. (Read more- Benefits of Red Chili to relieve stress)
- Maintains hair color: Shikakai is useful for the hair. Washing the hair with Shikakai strengthens them and prevents discoloration of hair.
- Cleans the hair: Washing the clothes with Shikakai mixed with Retha removes stains from the clothes and makes them shine. Clothes washed with Shikakai are free from all disease-causing microbes.
- Removes hair lice: Shikakai not only cleans the hair but, it also eradicates hair lice that is a big hair related problem. Washing hair with Shikakai shampoo two times a week helps clean the dirt and ends the problem. (Read about- Benefits of eggs for hair)
- Cures Dandruff: Dandruff is a common problem about which people are shy to talk about. Shikakai is a great herb to overcome this problem. This also reduces hair fall. Shikakai shampoos are used to remove dandruff and to make the hair shiny and strong. (Read more- What is hair fall)
- Cleanses the hair: Shikakai strengthens the roots of hair. This prevents hair. Shikakai contains chemical substances that eradicate the problem of dandruff and makes the hair soft and shiny.
What are the side-effects of Shikakai?
Shikakai has numerous benefits. It also has certain disadvantages that are mentioned below:
- Shikakai may cause inflammation and acidity.
- It makes the scalp oily if overused.
- Excessive use can lead to asthma and other respiratory diseases.
- Uncontrolled use of Shikakai results in dryness.
- It may cause nausea and stomach related ailments.
- It is disadvantageous for pregnant and lactating women.
If the use of Shikakai causes any health-related issue, contact a General Physician immediately.
Our aim is to provide information about ailments. We do not recommend any kind of medicine, treatment or surgery. Contact a doctor for advice.