Herpes Virus Infection | How does Herpes Infection Spread?Login to Health February 20, 2021 Lifestyle Diseases 23 Views
How does Herpes Infection Spread?
Herpes Virus Infection
Herpes is a type of viral infection that spreads rapidly in the skin through direct contact. This disease is mainly found in young children. When children go to school, they come in direct contact with other children. Their skin may touch each other which helps in spreading this infection. It happens if the child is not vaccinated or has a weak immune system. Let us get some more information about Herpes Virus Infection.
- What is Herpes Infection?
- What are the Causes of Herpes Infection?
- What are the Symptoms of Herpes Infection?
- What are the Treatments for Herpes Infection?
- What are the Home Remedies for Herpes Infection?
What is Herpes Infection?
Herpes infection involves the spread of small blisters on the skin that are filled with fluid and are extremely painful. It makes the skin highly sensitive. These blisters are clearly visible on the skin. According to some researchers, herpes infection is more likely to occur after the age of 40, and it is highly painful. This disease mostly affects those people who have had chickenpox in the past. Chickenpox spots are more likely to get infected by the herpes virus.
What are the Causes of Herpes Infection?
- Herpes infection mostly spreads from person to person through direct contact.
- If a healthy person uses the personal items of an infected person, then he can also get herpes.
- Herpes infection can also spread through the eyes.
- It spreads through sexual contact with an infected person.
- This infection also spreads by touching the mouth sores.
- The person gets blisters on the skin due to the infection.
- Having sex without protection can cause herpes infection in the genitals.
What are the Symptoms of Herpes Infection?
The symptoms of Herpes Virus Infection vary from person to person. Not all symptoms occur in a person.
- Sores or blisters on the skin
- Loss of appetite
- Itching on the skin
- Painful urination
- Sores develop on the genitals
What are the Treatments for Herpes Infection?
- For the treatment of herpes infection, the doctor may prescribe a dose of some anti-viral medicines. It helps in minimizing the infection and curing the blisters on the skin.
- There are anti-viral medicines to reduce the infection, such as Acyclovir, Cloviderm, Aciherpin, etc.
- This infection does not have vigorous treatment. It resolves in some time.
What are the Home Remedies for Herpes Infection?
- Baking soda is used as a pesticide. Prepare a mixture of baking soda and water, and with the help of some cotton, apply it to the affected area to reduce pain and itching.
- Apply an ice pack to the affected site to reduce pain.
- Olive oil contains antibacterial and antioxidant elements that prevent herpes infection.
- Use apple vinegar to minimize pain and irritation.
- Licorice/Mulethi root is a panacea in herpes treatment. Licorice has antibacterial and antioxidant properties. Mix licorice powder in water and apply it on the site of infection.
If you want to get more information and treatment of Herpes Infection, then contact a General Physician immediately.