Learn about the Diet for Piles (Hemorrhoids)Login to Health January 15, 2021 Lifestyle Diseases 22 Views
Diet for Piles (Hemorrhoids)
Piles are also known as hemorrhoids. It is a disease that can occur at any age. People suffering from piles do not understand what to eat and what not to eat in the diet. The problem of piles occurs due to unhealthy eating habits. Many people use creams and medications to get rid of piles. Instead of relying on medications, it is necessary to make changes to your diet. Let us explain in detail about the diet for piles in today’s article.
- Foods to Eat in Piles
- Foods to Avoid in Piles
- Other Tips for Piles
Foods to Eat in Piles
You must know that in piles, there is discomfort during bowel movements. That is why doctors advise people suffering from piles to eat a fiber-rich diet. Fiber promotes bowel movements. Let us further explain the following food.
- Consumption of broccoli is beneficial – People suffering from piles should eat broccoli. It contains a high amount of fiber that stimulates bowel movement. It also reduces inflammation and bleeding, prevents piles from growing, and reduces irritation due to stool in the blood vessels.(Read more – What are the benefits of broccoli)
- Whole grains are beneficial in piles – According to some experts, including whole grains in the diet is very beneficial. Grains contain a good amount of fiber that makes the stool soft and prevents constipation. Whole grains like oatmeal and wheat are considered suitable in piles.(Read more – What are the benefits of oatmeal)
- Benefits of legumes in piles – The thought of what are the right foods to eat in piles comes into everyone’s mind. So, let us tell you, according to some research, it is beneficial to eat legumes. Legumes contain a good amount of fiber that helps reduce the problem of piles. As mentioned earlier, fiber helps to soften the stool and reduce the symptoms of piles.(Read more – What are the benefits of Kulthi dal or horse gram)
- Benefits of capsicum – People who have piles must include capsicum in their food. According to some research, capsicum helps in reducing the symptoms of piles. Therefore, capsicum should be consumed if suffering from piles.(Read more – Benefits of Capsicum)
- Squash is beneficial in piles – Vegetables are beneficial in piles and one such vegetable is squash. Squash has some properties which help in reducing the problem of piles. Also, it has a high amount of fiber that makes bowel movements easier. People suffering from piles should include squash in their diet. (Read more – Advantages and disadvantages of fenugreek)
- Drink plenty of fluids – People who have piles should consume plenty of fluids. Drink at least seven to eight glasses of water every day. Apart from this, you can also drink fruit juice like carrot or apple juice. According to some experts, consuming more fluids reduces the problem of piles. (Read more – Why does dehydration occur)
Foods to Avoid in Piles
Many people suffer from piles because of chronic constipation, so avoid eating the following foods to prevent it.
- A person suffering from piles should not eat ice cream.
- Avoid eating packaged foods.
- People with piles should not consume cottage cheese and cheese.
- Do not consume junk food or chips.
- Avoid consuming food items made from all-purpose flour (or maida).
- Do not eat foods with excessive oil and spices.(Read more – What is the treatment of piles)
Other tips for Piles
Piles are a common problem, but it causes a lot of pain and discomfort when it grows. A poor lifestyle is the main cause of chronic constipation that may result in piles. Some of the following lifestyle changes may be adopted to reduce the problem of piles.
- Go on a walk or do some physical exercises or yoga daily in the morning.
- Avoid sitting for long periods, because sitting too long, especially on the toilet, can increase the pressure on the veins in the anus.
- If you have an urge to pass stool, then go to the toilet immediately. If you do not do this, the stool gets dry, and it becomes difficult to pass stool.
- Drink plenty of fluids as it helps to keep the stool soft. Drink six to eight glasses of water and other fluids every day. But do not drink alcohol.
- Include fiber-rich food in your diet. (Read more – Importance of Fiber in Diet)
We hope that we could answer your questions regarding diet for piles through this article.
If you need more information about Piles, you can contact the Gastroenterologist.
We only aim to give you information through the article. We do not recommend medication or treatment in any way. Only a doctor can give you good advice because no one else is better than them.