What are the Treatments for Pimples ?Login to Health November 19, 2020 Lifestyle Diseases 67 Views
Treatments of Pimples
Everyone knows about pimples. They are very common among adolescents. Pimples form when the oil glands of skin are overactive leading to enlarged pores. Acne is frequent among girls during menstruation due to various hormonal changes in the body. Let us know more about pimples and treatments for pimples.
- What are pimples?
- What are the types of pimples?
- What causes pimples?
- What is the treatment of acne?
- What are the home remedies to treat pimples?
What are pimples?
Acne is a skin ailment which involves oil glands located at the base of the hair follicles. When these oil glands, also known as sebaceous glands, produce excess oil, it results in clogging of pores and therefore pimples. An individual with oily skin tends to have more pimples. Hormonal changes may also lead to this problem.
What are the types of pimples?
- Pimples: These are small elevations on skin, which are red in color. They are extremely painful.
- Whiteheads: The pimples underneath the skin are called whiteheads.
- Blackheads: Blackheads are small bumps that appear on the skin. They are brown to black in color.
- Papules: Papules are small, pink colored elevations on the skin.
- Cyst: Cyst is full of pus and is painful. It leaves a scar on the skin.
- Nodules: Nodules are pimple like structures present underneath the skin.
What causes pimples?
- Excessive use of creams, lotions and expired creams causes acne.
- Lack of sleep causes pimples.
- Hormonal changes may result in pimples.
- Problem in digestive system leads to pimples.
- Stress might increase the risk of pimples.
What is the treatment of pimples?
There are a number of ways to reduce acne:
- Dermatologists cure pimples through medication both external and internal for e.g. hormone medicines, oil-free soaps etc. Doctors also give skin medicines such as Retinoids and Antibiotics. Antibiotics reduce the infection of acne.
- If antibiotics do not cure acne, then doctors prescribe Spironolactone to women and girls.
- To reduce acne scars, doctors remove the upper layer of skin and inject the salicylic acid or glycolic acid.
- Further, cosmetic surgery can repair dark and injured skin.
What are the home remedies to treat pimples?
- Prepare a paste of rose water and sandalwood (Multani mitti). Apply the paste on the face and wash after it dries. This reduces pimples and nourishes the skin.
- Neem can reduce the inflammation of the skin. Apply a paste of neem leaves and turmeric on the face and wash it after twenty minutes.
- Lemons contain acids that cures acne. Rub lemon on the face and then wash the face with water.
- Fenugreek has antiseptic and antioxidant properties that remove acne. A paste of fenugreek leaves on the face is useful. Wash the face with warm water to remove the paste.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Aloe Vera gel is beneficial for the skin. Apply Aloe Vera gel on the skin to reduce the pimples.
- Orange is rich in vitamin C and citric acid that is advantageous for the skin. Use orange peels on the face to reduce acne.
If you face the problem of pimples, contact the nearest Dermatologist.