What are the reasons for lack of Vitamin D in the body?Login to Health November 21, 2020 Lifestyle Diseases 50 Views
Vitamin D Deficiency
It is essential to keep the body fit and healthy. Vitamin D is required to keep the body fit. Vitamin D is obtained in abundance from the sunlight. Vitamin D in sun rays is the highest between 11 am to 1 pm. Taking this vitamin D in the body reduces many growth-related disorders. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining the body’s equilibrium. Let’s get detailed information about Vitamin D.
- What is Vitamin D?
- What are the types of Vitamin D?
- What are the diseases caused by Vitamin D deficiency?
- What are the causes of Vitamin D deficiency?
- What are the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency?
- What are the treatments for Vitamin D deficiency?
- How to cure Vitamin D deficiency?
What is Vitamin D?
Vitamin D is a very important vitamin found in the body. Vitamin D is a group of prohormones which helps the body to absorb iron, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and phosphate. Vitamin D is produced in the body with the help of sunlight. Vitamin D is also found naturally in some food items.
What are the types of Vitamin D?
There are two types of Vitamin D.
- Vitamin D2 which is made from plants. It is also known as Ergocalciferol.
- Vitamin D3 which is produced in the skin when it is exposed to sunlight. It is known as Cholecalciferol.
What are the diseases caused by Vitamin D deficiency?
- Low levels of Vitamin D in the blood can cause the following diseases.
- Decreased brain function in older people
- Asthma in children
- Cardiovascular diseases due to which there is a high chance of death
- Bone disorders
What are the causes of Vitamin D deficiency?
- Vitamin D deficiency may be caused due to obesity. Obesity slows down the blood flow in the body.
- Vitamin D is mainly deficient in individuals who have a BMI of more than 30.
- There is a lack of Vitamin D in the body if there is inadequate exposure to the sun.
- If Vitamin D is not converted into the active form in the kidney, then this further decreases the level of Vitamin D.
- If Vitamin D is not absorbed properly in the digestive system, then it increases the risk of many diseases.
- Some people do not get enough amount of Vitamin D from a vegetarian diet. Because Vitamin D is found in a high amount in non-vegetarian food.
- Symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency can be seen in the body if a person does not have Vitamin D rich foods.
What are the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency?
- Having trouble in breathing frequently
- Being very sick
- Having health problems
- Excessive sleeping
- Pain in bones
- Muscle weakness
- Feeling tired without doing anything
What are the treatments for Vitamin D deficiency?
- To overcome Vitamin D deficiency, doctors recommend eating Vitamin D rich foods and taking Vitamin D supplements.
- How much Vitamin D should be taken depends on the severity of the person’s symptoms.
- For example, symptoms like improper digestion or feeling more tired are related to aging. So you should consult a doctor whether to take Vitamin D medicines or not.
- If the person has a slight deficiency of Vitamin D, then the doctor gives some general advice.
- Do yoga and exercise regularly
- Spend more time in sunlight.
- Take Vitamin D supplements.
- Eat calcium-rich food.
How to cure Vitamin D deficiency?
- Take more sunlight to increase Vitamin D. Sunrays get absorbed into the skin and increase Vitamin D in the body.
- Foods to increase Vitamin D are as follows.
- Fishes like salmon, mackerel and fish lever, etc.
- There are some other Vitamin D rich foods.
- Such as – Eggs, cheese, mushrooms, milk, liver, etc.
- There are some fluids rich in vitamin D.
- Such as – Orange juice, cereals, dairy products, soy milk, etc.
- Exercise and sunlight should be taken daily to keep the body balanced. Vitamin D will increase in the body.
- If there is a deficiency of Vitamin D due to any disease, consult a doctor.
If you want to know more about Vitamin D or you want to get treated, then consult a General Physician now.