Learn what is an Ovulation Test Kit?Login to Health November 19, 2020 Womens Health 89 Views
Ovulation Test Kit
Many women try to conceive but fail because they do not know the right time. These women feel that there is some problem either with them or with their partner. However, this is not true. Women fail to get pregnant even after intercourse because they do not know the exact time of their ovulation. Most of the women cannot remember their menstruation dates; hence, they do not know about their ovulation date. A woman who is not able to get pregnant feels a lot of anxiety and stress. But she need not stress about this because as the pregnancy kit informs you whether you are pregnant or not, similarly there is an ovulation kit that can tell you whether you are ovulating or not. It is easily available at every medical shop in India. Through this article, we will explain in detail about the ovulation test kit.
- What is an Ovulation Kit?
- How to Use an Ovulation Kit?
- How to check the Results in an Ovulation Kit?
- What is the Price of an Ovulation Kit?
What is an Ovulation Kit?
An ovulation test kit (sometimes referred to as OPK, which stands for Ovulation Predictor Kit) is a test that detects the presence and concentration of luteinizing hormone (LH) in your urine. When you receive a positive ovulation test, it means that ovulation is imminent.
How to Use an Ovulation Kit?
- Women use ovulation kits to find out when they are going to ovulate. Ovulation is checked through the urine sample. The color of the test kit may be dark or low, indicating whether you have high or low LH levels in your body.
- Nowadays, digital test kits are available that help women to detect ovulation easily. It helps them in conceiving successfully.
- If you are using any kit, first of all, read the instructions carefully given inside the pack, then use it according to the instructions. A pack usually contains at least 5 to 10 testing kits.
- The kit you use may also be different from one another. But try to collect urine samples within 8 to 10 hours. Apart from this, the best time is considered to be 2 or 2.30 in the afternoon. Although you may not necessarily get the news of ovulation, it depends on your LH level. You should not test in the morning because ovulation cannot be known in the morning.
- If you get a positive result of ovulation, then it takes up to two days for the egg to come out of the ovaries. Having sexual intercourse during this time is more likely to result in pregnancy. The reason for not ovulating at the right time in some women is irregular menstrual cycles. You should keep information about your menstrual cycles, especially when the first and second menstrual periods have occurred.
- There are two lines on the ovulation test strip. One is the control line that tells the test is working properly while the other is the test line that indicates the level of LH in the body. Based on the color of the test line, you can know whether you are ovulating or not.
- Collect the urine sample in a clean container. Take out the strip from the pack and immerse it in the urine. Do not dip the stop line too much. After a while, take it out and place it down horizontally. Wait for 5 to 10 minutes for the results.
How to check the Results in an Ovulation Kit?
You have to wait for 5 to 10 minutes to know the result of the ovulation kit. But the results are not accurate if it is more than 30 minutes. If you keep it for a long time, there is no significant result. To understand the results, you must have complete information about the kit and how much dark color the test line should display. The following ways are suggested to check the results.
- You know that the kit has two lines, and you need to check the color of the test line. If the test line of the strip is darker than the control line, then your LH level has increased, and your ovulation will occur in the next 12 to 36 hours, so you do not need to check a second time.
- If the test line appears lighter than the control line, then your LH has not increased, and you will have to try a second time.
- If you do not see any color on your test strip, it means that you are checking for ovulation at the wrong time. Apart from this, incorrectly using the kit does not show any results.
- The best time to check for ovulation is from 12 to 1 in the afternoon. You do not see any significant results if you check in the morning.
- If you do not understand the testing procedure, then you can follow the instructions given inside the pack. With its help, you can use it correctly.
- Keep in mind that due to infertility, the ovaries fail to release eggs. Also, the egg might not attach to the uterus wall efficiently.
What is the Price of an Ovulation Kit?
In India, all brands of ovulation test kits are readily available at every medical store. The ovulation kits of some brands start at Rs.500 and may go up to Rs.5000 or above. You can either purchase it from your local pharmacy or order it online. In addition to the ovulation kit, fertility testing is used to track female ovulation. There are good monitoring systems available in India to test fertility. The price of these fertility tests can start from Rs.2500 and can go up to Rs.25000. You can get them at your nearest medical store, or you can order them online.
If you want to get more information and treatment about problems related to ovulation, then contact a Gynecologist.
We only aim to give you information related to diseases. We do not recommend any medicine, treatment, and home remedies. Only a doctor can give you good advice because no one else is better than them.