How to Make Healthier Food Choices - 3rd April 2016
Healthy Holiday Eating
- Enjoy a healthy breakfast to help prevent overeating later on.
- Eat what’s best for you first. Fill at least half your plate with fresh fruit and veggies. You’ll have less room for the rest.
- Bring a healthy dish to a party.
- Fruit by itself makes an excellent dessert. Try placing a bowl of clementines or apples on the holiday table.
- Avoid beverages that are high in calories and sugar.
- Keep a food journal to help track what you’re eating.
- Instead of focusing on food, spend time with family, friends, and activities.
- Stay positive. If you eat more on some days, eat less on others. If you miss a workout, exercise a little longer the next day.