Dr. ABC XYZ
Tips For Eating Out - 3rd April 2016
- Choose foods that are steamed, broiled, baked, roasted, poached, or lightly sautéed or stir-fried.
- Ask for fat-free or low-fat milk instead of cream for coffee or tea.
- Pick food without butter, gravy, or sauces—or ask to have the food without it.
- Choose a low-calorie salad dressing.
- Ask for salad dressing on the side, and use only some of it.
- Pick drinks without added sugar, such as water, fat-free or low-fat milk, unsweetened tea, or diet iced tea, lemonade, or soda.
- Trim visible fat from poultry or meat.
- Don’t eat the skin on cooked chicken or turkey.
- Share your meal, or take half home for later.
- Skip dessert or order fruit. Or share dessert with a friend.